Meet Joe Hune
As a former State Representative I have shown that I possess the strong conservative economic and family values that our government needs today. The current economic climate requires a return to the basics and living within our means. We cannot tax our way out of our problems. Government must get out of the way to let the entrepreneur flourish.
I pledge to reform government by cutting waste, consolidating services and requiring Lansing to live within its means rather than shift the responsibility to an already over-burdened citizenry.
Accomplishments in Office...
- Fought and voted against the Graholm tax increases. (2007)
- Wrote Law to bring hundreds of good paying jobs to Michigan. (PA 55 of 2006)
- Wrote Law to cut property taxes for many farmers in Michigan. (PA 214 of 2006)
- Sponsored legislation to strengthen the working relationship between Gift of Life and county medical examiners resulting in countless lives being saved through organ donation.
- Perfect attendance for 797 roll call votes.
- Married to Marcia Hune
- Concealed Pistol License Holder (CCW)
- Six Years State House of Representatives
- Small Farmer
- Licensed Realtor
- Legislative Staffer
- Small Business Owner
- Community Involvement
- Livingston County 4-H
- Livingston County Republican Executive Committee
- Fowlerville 4th of July Committee
- Graduate of Cleary University
- Kiwanis International Member